- I love waking up each morning knowing that no matter HOW much planning I do, my schedule will change at a moments notice. Apparently I like living on the edge.
- Being ill does not mean I will not make money. Enough of what I do can be finagled from the comfort of my own home … at least for a couple days.
- Real Estate makes me passionate. I empathize when homeowners, who have been religiously on time with their payments cannot re-negotiate their loans when they have been simultaneously laid off and their rate adjusts… I like being in a business that brings out passion in me.
- I enjoy connecting and working real estate agents. Yes, some of them are complete imbeciles – but they just make me look good ;-) ...The good agents make the business fun.
- I love marketing. Real estate marketing is constantly changing and I love learning all the cutting edge tips and tricks.
- Real Estate will never die. I don’t care WHAT the market is doing, there is business to be had. Land cannot go away and people will want to buy and sell it.
- I hold a HUGE chunk of people’s financial life in my hands. Scary as all heck, but it keeps me honest! … and I like being honest. I'm known for my integrity!
- Real Estate is what brought me into the world of blogging and social media. Now I have even MORE friends who think I am odd. ...I love you all.
- Those months when I made nada, zip, zilch sure made me thankful for the months that I made more than some people do in a year. Learning to be thankful and learning how to stretch a dollar are one of the BEST lessons.
- Real Estate has inspired me! Ever been inside of a multi-million dollar home??? Well I have been in plenty. Now I have an eye for, and inspire to experience life's finer things.
- I create my own schedule and can be there for my kids, friends and family when they need me.
- The dynamic nature of this business keeps me on my toes. Shifting markets fling me from my comfort zone and into a place where I HAVE to be more effective for both my team and my clients.
- Even though I do not want to LIVE in one now, I like old homes. The Staten Island market has a lot of old homes – some of them are way cool. Period homes are awesome.
- I always had an interest in architecture and interior design being an artist. In real state I now get the chance to express my creative and artistic nature, weather its telling a narrative during an open house, helping a homeowner stage their home for a showing or having to learn about a particular period piece of furniture. Real Estate feeds my curiosity and creative needs.
- I like solving problems and real estate is an all-you-can-eat-buffet of problems to be solved.
- I LOVE teaching. I used to be in the Pre-School/Child Care business field and although I LOVED it, it was not where I was meant to be. Now I'm a real estate consultant, and I LOVE IT. Advising folks and teaching other real estate agents how to be better at what they do is probably my FAVORITE part of my business.
- Real Estate gives me the opportunity to excel in my business without the fear of being outsourced, downsized or fired.
- Real Estate perpetuates a Can Do, No Fear attitude!
- I love the business building, goal setting, high-5 accomplishment camaraderie that real estate brings out in agents.
- I love that real estate CAN BE a low-cost, high revenue business… If you are smart with your business budget.
- I love working with the Best and the Brightest in the business. Steel sharpens steel, as they say!
- Real Estate gives me the opportunity to make a HUGE impact on someones life. I have been to baby dedications, surprise weddings, house-warmings, golf outings, vip at clubs, ect… and all because I was the person who helped them buy/sell their home.
- I know more about humanity than I EVER thought I could know. Thanks to real estate, NOTHING surprises me anymore.
- Real Estate is the ONE thing that I can relate ANYTHING to. It is kind of amusing, actually.
- I love Seller’s-Markets as it challenges me to figure out ways to stand out among the masses of other posers that have a license.
- I love Buyer’s-Markets because it challenges me to me one of the ONLY people in my market who can actually SELL my listings.
- Real Estate has given me the insight and respect for other professions that are commission-based. I always make a point of purchasing a service or product through the person who helped me make my purchasing decision, if that person is paid on commission. This applies to restaurant staff and other service people too.
- Real Estate has brought out a love of photography in me. I look at the world in a whole new way.
- I am not an organized person, by nature. Real Estate has taught me the importance of being organized … at least sometimes.
- Law. I have never been more in tune with legal tidbits than I have been since becoming a real estate agent. I have a whole new respect for the reams of paper that stipulate what can and cannot happen in real estate.
- Law … again. I was taught that as a real estate agent, it was not IF you would be sued … it was WHEN. Dotting my “i”‘s and crossing my “t”‘s and keeping great notes has been the shield and sword against many a whacko. I SO appreciate the foreknowledge of keeping great notes in a situation that could be potentially sticky … real estate or not.
- Real Estate gives great income and business growth opportunities to people who are not traditionally, scholastically refined. You do not need to go thousands of dollars in educational debt to be a real estate agent. Some of the BEST agents I have ever met only have a HS diploma.
- Choose your own adventure. Real Estate is an endless series of entertaining choices. Should I show the home that has 4 stoned teenagers in the basement and a random passed out adult in the living room? Or, should I bypass THAT house for the one that has 4 shrines to Elvis? Should I take the condo listing that smells like a cat skinning factory? Or should I take the listing where the roaches greet you on the way in and out? LOL, whats a guy to do..
- I could write a book about my life prior to real estate. Now that I have been a real estate agent for over 10 years, I can now write the sequel.
Johnel L. Franks
The Franks Agency
REAL ESTATE CONSULTANT